Friday, September 12, 2008

Art Projects (week 1)

Those of you who know me well know that I spent the majority of my teenage years babysitting. I vividly remember seeing artwork done by the various children adorning the walls and refrigerators of the different homes I was at. I remember thinking "that is really ugly, why would they put that on public display?" Once the "mommy gene" kicked in, I have discovered that Jonah's artwork is more beautiful to me than anything Monet ever painted!

Last year at Jefferson Street, he did a project most every day that used his fingerprints. It has been so cool for me to see how much more advanced the artwork is in the 2 year old class. He did a couple of projects that were really cool this week. This week's focus was the letter "A" and the color red.

Monday, he colored a red apple and glued the stem and leaf on the apple. He was very proud of his work. I know you saw these pictures from the post about his first day of school, but I'm trying to keep a record of his art projects by the week, so you'll have to see these again! :-)


When I picked him up Wednesday, he was very proud to show me his "Red Octopus!" Ummm....if you look at it, you will realize it is actually a red bird! BUT, I do think it is pretty ingenious of him to think that was an octopus. It was made from his foot so the toes do give the illusion of tentacles/arms. (if you are super smart, that is! ha)

We stopped by the church so we could say hi to Dan since Jonah had not seen him all day and would probably be in bed when Dan got in from church. He got out of the van and grabbed his bird to show his daddy. He handed it to him and immediately said "I did this!"


We went inside the office for a few minutes so he could give Mamaw Chandler a hug. He happily showed Joshua his artwork while he was loved on by Mamaw.
I picked him up today to find the coolest project yet. He made an ant out of pipe cleaners and an egg carton. How cool is this?? There is something you should understand about the irony of this project. Jonah had his first experience with fire ants this week! It has not been a happy week for him. He saw a bed at daycare Tuesday and picked it up to show his teacher. In the meantime, the ants had a full meal out of his hands. It was a ROUGH night Tuesday night but he is much better now. I can't believe they made ants on the same week that he first discovered what an ant is!!


He also colored a red firetruck. He told me his firetruck didn't have a "hern." (Horn) He was quite frustrated with the fact that there was no horn on the piece of paper. Don't all firetrucks have horns or sirens?

2 comments:

Sara Madalin's Mommy said...

I love the artwork. How cute and creative. My favorite is the bird. Love that it is his foot print. Your deacon says hello.

Amanda said...

I'm so impressed with his artistic ability. He's going to do some impressive projects in the years to come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails