Thursday, August 14, 2008

Waiting for Daddy (from Jonah)

Yeah, that is my foot!  No, I don't know why mom decided to take a picture of it.  I mean, I'm two years old now and have this same foot for all of that time.  I could understand it being blog worthy if I grew a new foot but this is still the same one.  Apparently, she thought it was worthy of being put on the blog because it was my first time to ever pedal.  Yeah, seriously...she needs to get a grip!  First time to pedal???  Ok...moving right along!
My friend Marlie gave me an awesome tricycle for my birthday.  I opened it at my party and got to sit on it for like 13 seconds and then was ripped away from it.  (Yes, I'm still a little bitter about that!)  Anyway, my parents didn't let me have all of my presents when I got them because they thought I would appreciate and enjoy them more getting them one at a time.  (How do I sign up for new parents?)

Since my birthday is in the dead middle of the summer, it has been too miserably hot to go outside much.  Last Friday was an unusually cool day (cool being 90 degrees) so mommy took me outside to ride my tricycle while we waited for daddy to get home from his first trip to school.  Please disregard my Superman PJ's.  I am well aware you wear PJ's inside.  My mommy is not!



On occasion, I decide to really cheese it up for my mom so she can capture the one picture she really wants.  I figure if she gets a great shot then she will put the camera away and we can just play.  I chose to do that for the next picture.  (Note:  the camera stayed out...BUMMER!)
Oh, here we go with the feet again.  Give me a break!  This time you get to see both of my feet.  Don't you feel better for having documentation of my feet on the pedals??
After riding for a while, I spotted the swing out of the corner of my eye.  I ran to it and asked my mom to put me in.  We swang for quite a while then noticed the watering can across the yard.  So, off I went!


I got back on my tricycle and started riding then out of nowhere, a blue car appeared in our drive way.  It was my daddy!!!  I was so excited...not excited enough to get off of my tricycle but excited nonetheless!
Finally, I bid farewell to my new tricycle and jumped in my daddy's arms.  I missed him so much.  I was so happy to see him and didn't let him out of my sight that entire night.  


post signature


3 comments:

Jami Ainsworth said...

Very nice. The images really do stand out on this light background. I looked at the designer's sight and I even looked at her papers. How did you ever choose. There are sooooo many choices.

Denise said...

I love the new background! I figured I look at your blog enough that I should finally comment and tell you how cute I think it is...and the pull up video was priceless!!! *denise darnell*

Barb said...

I like the blog's facelift. Very nice. Mine got a facelift recently too, but nothing as fancy as this. I need to figure out how to do a personalized header like that. Too cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails