Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sick little boy!

I got a call Monday morning from Jonah's daycare. The director told me his fever was 102.3 and I needed to come get him. I called the doctor as soon as I hung up with the daycare. They could not see him until 2:45 p.m. I walked into his room and immediately knew there was a problem. He was SOUND ASLEEP on the floor while all the other kids were around him playing. That may not seem all that odd to you without knowing the following. You can search this blog and will never find a picture of Jonah asleep anywhere other than his bed or car seat. The kid has never fallen asleep while playing or in his high chair or even watching TV. So, to walk in and find him sleeping in the midst of playtime told me there was a serious problem.

I took him home for a nap before his appointment. I actually had to wake him up to leave. He just cried and cried. It was so sad! Dan was able to come home and go with me and I was especially grateful for that. This week is SMACK at church and it consumes all of his time. As a matter of fact, he left the house at 7:15 this morning and it is 7:25 p.m. now and he we still haven't seen him. It will be close to 9:00 tonight before he makes it home. So, the fact that he was able to get away was a sheer miracle. I am SO glad he went with me because Jonah was so pitiful. He wanted to be held and walked the entire time.


Check out his hair!! Poor kid...he inherited a combination of both of our bad hair. We paste it down every morning but there was nothing I could do because he wouldn't let me put him down.




He was very happy to see his friend, Doctor Russ. (Docka Russ) She spent most of the appointment complimenting him on his manners and vocabulary. He constantly told her thank you and answered most of her questions. I was so proud of him. He was polite even though he felt awful.
She asked him to stick his tongue out and say AHHHH. HE DID IT! I was so surprised. She said it is very rare to get a child his age to do that. The only problem was that he wanted to continue to do it long after she was done checking his throat. (as evidenced in the pictures below!)




After all was said and done, he was diagnosed with a nice case of strep throat. So, I have been home with him from daycare all week. He is on antibiotics and a combination of Tylenol and Motrin. Once the fever breaks and he is fever free for 24 hours, he can go back to school. I'm beginning to think that isn't going to happen this week. He just can't shake the fever. I'm just so thankful that he is still so pleasant even when he is sick. That is a huge blessing!


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jonah hope you feel better soon

winstead family said...

i hope yall are getting LOTS of rest. poor guy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails