Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fireworks on the 4th

Several months ago, our friends Darryl & Denise (or Pops and NeNe to Jonah) called to see if we had plans on the 4th of July. They have been itching to see Jonah so they wanted to get something on the calendar. They got here early Friday morning and stayed until after church this morning. They made me nervous by coming to hear me teach Sunday School then also got to hear Dan preach.



It took Jonah about 17 seconds to warm up to them. From that point forward, he wanted NeNe or Pops for everything. He woke up from naps and all night asking for them. Now that they are gone, he keeps asking "Where Pops? Where NeNe?"

Dan, Jonah and Darryl headed to the Donald's fireworks stand for some fun fireworks for Jonah. We knew he would be conked out by the time the fireworks started over the river. So, they went and picked out some things to do with him before bedtime.





Jonah was most impressed with the little things you throw down and they pop. But, he couldn't throw them hard enough to make them pop so he dropped them then he stepped on them.


While he did think the fireworks were pretty cool, he was even more impressed with the pretty colors and packaging.







It is a wonder Max is still with us! He kept running towards the fireworks trying to attack them. We kept screaming for him to come back to us. I was so afraid he was going to be on fire before it was all over!




After a while of sitting with NeNe, Jonah moved to Pops. I think he got a better view from up high. I love this next picture with both of their faces. One of the fireworks had just gone off and it was SO pretty! Apparently, they both loved it!





Jonah probably would have enjoyed the sparklers a bit more if he would have put the big sonic cup down. He did not want to let go of it.







This is what happened when I told him it was time to go inside for a bath. Can you tell he didn't want the fun to end?
Before we went inside, I told him to let me take a picture of him but to hold his arms out so I could see his shirt. He never looked at me. I guess he thought I wanted to see his shirt but not his face!

2 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

I love that shirt on him. too cute

NeNe & Pops said...

The pics turned out great. And I can assure you - Jonah was not the only one we wanted to see - we enjoy yours and Dan's company just as much. It was a great weekend and we appreciate everything! We love ALL of your family!!!! Gonna take some of the pics and put in a frame!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails