Sunday, July 27, 2008

BACK TRACKING

I did one post from the birthday party then realized I had several pictures uploaded that needed to be blogged before I moved on to the party. So, here goes!

When I drove up to get Jonah from school last Wednesday, I discovered him in the midst of a serious conversation with Ava. I'm still not sure what he was saying to her, but it was obviously a very important discussion.


The discussion ended as soon as he saw me. He left the girl stranded and took off towards me. (Sorry Ava, Jonah is a MOMMA's BOY!!!)
We went inside to get his diaper changed and then had to walk by the playground on the way back to the car. He cracked me up when he turned and waved to all his friends. He said "Bye you friends, bye!"
We ran home, had dinner, took a bath and then headed back out the door for Church. I had a haircut scheduled for him the next day so I wanted a few pictures of him with hair before his summer shave!



This is one of my new favorites! His look is so mischievous, yet angelic! I'm pretty sure he knows he has stolen his mommy's heart!
After church, Dan dressed him in "BIG." That is what he calls this onesie. He loves it! If it is dirty, he cries for it. "Big, I wannoo wear BIG. Big, pease daddy. NoNah wear Big." This is a nightly conversation. Before Dan put it on him, we captured a little of the "BIG" excitement on video. Be sure to watch that at the end of this post.



We came home Thursday to find 2 very exciting things. He had a huge box from UPS with his birthday present from Pops and NeNe. They gave him the coolest gift. This box contained the items for a monkey-themed bathroom. It is awesome! I can't wait for you to see it all together. Being obsessive like I am, I headed straight to Wal-Mart to buy solid brown rugs so I could get it all up that night. I would show you pictures, but I don't have a curtain up yet and would rather wait until it is complete. So, stay tuned for that.
I could not wait for him to wake up Friday morning so he could see the new kid-friendly bathroom. As soon as he uttered a sound, I headed back there and walked him into the bathroom so he could potty. He said "Well, there's a monkey!" He pointed at every monkey on the shower curtain and every monkey on any accessory all the while saying "There's monkey!" It was great!
He also received his very first birthday card in the mail. Our sweet friends Marty and Debra were the first to send him a card and he LOVED opening it. They wrote the sweetest things to my little Jonah and it made me cry! He said "Poor Mommy!" That is what he says anytime he thinks I am sad! He didn't realize those were tears of happiness in his honor!

post signature


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails