Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We miss daddy!

Dan left Sunday night at 9:30 p.m. headed to Atlanta for the DRIVE 08 conference at Northpoint Community Church. While I have missed him SO much, his little boy is completely lost without his daddy. Every time someone comes to the door, Jonah runs to Dan's recliner and jumps in it. He gets a huge grin on his face and starts yelling "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" They play the "beat you to my chair" game numerous times each day. He is really missing that game.

He also knows that Dan is the one to usually get him out of bed in the morning. We have a little routine where I lay out Jonah's clothes, shoes, socks, and diaper and then Dan gets him out of the bed, washes his face, cleans his ears, brushes his teeth and dresses him while I am in the shower. The last 2 mornings have been so confusing for him. He keeps asking "where daddy?"

Dan called last night while Jonah was still awake. I put the phone on speaker phone so he could talk to Jonah. When Jonah heard his voice, he grabbed the phone and kissed it. Talk about melting your heart! When I finally took the phone from him, he cried because he wanted to talk more to his daddy!!!

I'm so fortunate to be married to man who loves his family so much. Because of his great love for us, we feel so lonely when he is not here. I'm so happy he is learning so much at his conference but I can't wait to see him this time tomorrow night.

post signature



3 comments:

winstead family said...

what a sweet post. :)

Anonymous said...

Elbie, there you go again making me cry. That was so very sweet. Kason also plays beat you to the chair game with dad. I know exactly what your talking about.
I miss yall.

Love,
Angie

Karin said...

Soooo sweet!!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails