Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Story Time at the Library

A couple of weeks ago, my mom saw that our library has children's story time at 5:15 p.m. every Tuesday. My parents were not sure how I would handle that but certainly wanted to try. After mom picked me up from daycare, we headed home, got a quick bath, got changed and headed to the library. My dad met us there. He had a meeting at 6:00 p.m. but said he didn't want to miss my first story time at the library.

We got there about 5 minutes early so the lady told us to wait in the children's reading area and she would call for us when it was time. I walked in and picket out a book to read.


Mommy sat down to read the book I chose. It was entitled "Alzheimer's Disease." Ummm...I'm not sure what that is but it wasn't like any other book I have ever read. I guess you are never to young to start learning about various diseases.
I only looked at that book for a minute and then my mom helped me find books that might be a little more interesting to me. Although I usually sit very still when my parents read to me, I was very hyped up and didn't sit still for long at all. I let my mom read to me for a little bit then I was off to see what else I could discover.

Daddy tried to find an Elmo book for me but we couldn't find one. How wrong is that? It that whole library there wasn't one book about Elmo!!!
The lady finally called us the the Program Room and we discovered we were the only ones who came to story time. She said they had been advertising it since January and no one has ever shown up. We told her we would tell my friends about it and maybe next week more people will be there.
The first thing we did was watch a Maisy movie. It was a little longer than I would prefer but my mom pulled out some dried pineapple for me so I was fine sitting there. And, because I was the only child there, I got to get up and walk around.







After the movie, it was time for the lady to read a book to me. I made it through one page of the book before I was ready to go. It was time for dinner. My mom realized once I realized my belly wanted to eat that I was not going to settle down enough to read a book. We told the nice lady that one page was all we could handle today and we would be back next week to see if I could last longer. (and my mommy promised to feed me BEFORE story time!)
Daddy left from the library heading back to the church for his meeting. Mommy made me dinner while I did a little work on the computer.
I ran into the kitchen to grab a snack. I kept doing this until mommy realized I was storing all of those snacks in my mouth. Hey...can you blame me? I never know when I'm going to get my next meal!!!
It was a really fun day for me. I like trying new things...expecially when both my mom AND dad are there to try them with me.

post signature

2 comments:

Karin said...

How fun! :) But wow! I'm amazed that no one else was there!! Granted, the time is pretty close to dinner. But at our library, there are multiple storytimes per week & you have to get there early to get a "ticket" (free) in order to get a seat! ;)

Anonymous said...

Would Jonah like to come to the nursing home and read his Alzheimers book to my residents? ...
:-)

Hope

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails