Monday, February 25, 2008

Labor Laws?

I know I have lots of faithful blog readers. I was wondering if any of you are familiar with the child labor laws? I am not exactly sure what is acceptable in terms of the amount of work I do around our house. I always have to put my toys away before going to bed. AND, if my wooden blocks or big Lego blocks are out, I have to put all of them back in the bag they were in. If I take my shoes off in the kitchen, my mom hands them to me and tells me to take them to my room. My dad hands me trash and tells me to throw it away. Sometimes, I even have to put Max's toys back in his drawer. That doesn't seem very fair to me because he has 4 legs and I only have 2. It seems it would be easier for him to walk over and drop his own toys in his toy drawer.

Well, today things hit an all-time low at the Glenn household. I had to do laundry. Yep folks, you read that right!!! All of this happened AFTER my daddy preached a sermon this morning on how being part of a family requires contributions from all the family members and blah, blah, blah! (I think the sermon had something to do with church members all working together for one common purpose or something like that!) He happened to say in his sermon that HE did the laundry around our house. Well, I don't know about you but when I look at the pictures below, I only see two people working with the laundry and he isn't either of those two!!!!




You can scroll down to the bottom to see the video but before you do, I should confess! I LOVE HELPING AROUND THE HOUSE! If I see anything on the floor, I pick it up and say "tash" and take it to the garbage can. You may think that is super helpful but sometimes the things on the floor aren't always trash. (ie. mommy's shoes, the remote control, daddy's external hard drive, a book, etc.) This was my first time to help mommy load the washer. She was doing it and I walked in and picked up a dish towel. So, she let me do the rest and daddy came in with the camera. (And yes, he really does do MOST of the laundry. Laundry is his favorite thing because he can watch TV as he does it!!!)

post signature


3 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

cute video! Woman no denying your SOUTHERN roots....you talk sound so country! HEHE!

Anonymous said...

If you could bring Jonah to my house...I have several loads he could have fun with...
Hope

Anonymous said...

Poor little Boo-Boo...having to do ALL the work around there. I'll be keeping a close watch on things from now on...don't make me have to take him away from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails