Wednesday, February 27, 2008

All day Wednesday

It was quite chilly out this morning. Jonah was ready for preschool when I remembered his hat and ran to the back to get it before leaving. Dan asked if it was really cold enough for a hat. I told him not really but I had a two-fold purpose for him wearing the hat. Number one, it matched his new one piece jumper from the Gap and number two, his hair was sticking straight up and I could not make it lay down. I figured his teachers would assume it was from the hat and not from my lack of concern over my child's hair. :-)
I picked him up from preschool and his teachers were somewhat concerned about him today. They said that he had fallen twice today. He didn't stumble or anything, he just kind of fell over? They showed me the marks on his head and told me to to watch him this afternoon. They both said he had not been himself at all and had even refused snack. That is not at all like him. He always eats snack!!!

So, I took him to meet Chim for lunch at Sonny's pizza. He was unusually calm there. He never fussed to get out of the highchair or anything. He wasn't in a bad mood or even a good mood...he was just there. It was almost like he was really sleepy. He did eat some crackers and a little pizza. Although, I wonder if he didn't get more pizza on his face than in his mouth.




After lunch, I headed home to give him a nap. I figured that would fix any problems he had. I ran his bath water then let him brush his teeth. After he finished brushing his teeth, I put him on the bathroom counter like I always do to check them. He fell over and hit his head on the faucet! It was terrible! My heard hurt so bad for him because I knew it hurt him. But, I was even more concerned because that was the third fall he had today that was unexplained. He finally settled down enough to take a bath and let mommy snuggle with him for a while. After his bath and mommy time, I gave him some Tylenol and put him down for a nap. He slept for 3.5 hours. In the midst of his nap, I called Dr. Russ' office just to see what she had to to say.

I spoke with her nurse and explained the weird things that had been going on today. She made an appointment for us for Friday. I asked her if she would relay all of this to Dr. Russ just so she would know what was going on. After I left that message, Jonah woke up from his nap and all seemed better. He was completely stable in his steps and in a good mood. He ate a big dinner then we decided to go ahead to church so Jonah could see his daddy for a little while.

He got a chance to spend some time behind the pulpit. I think he practiced a mini-sermon in case his daddy ever gets sick and can't preach.

He even practiced banging on the pulpit in case it is a serious sermon. He was mostly interested in the microphone. Imagine that...a child in our house likes to talk and hear himself? I wonder where he gets that from?
He went on to the nursery after practicing his sermon. Tammy, Clare and Gwen McKinney were in there with them tonight. Tammy said he was his normal self and they had no problems. But, every one was very concerned about his eye. The next couple of pictures should give you a little idea of how it looks. Although, these pictures do make it look better than it really looks.

Poor guy! I'm not sure what is going on with him but it seems the afternoon nap did help it. I am beginning to think that maybe it was just extreme tiredness that was making him fall over. Whatever it was, I am continuing to watch him close and keep an eye on him.

Dr. Russ called after church to check on him. I told her about everything and it all sounded odd to her too. I am going to keep his appointment for Friday just in case anything else odd happens. But, she seemed to agree that it kind of sounded like he was just exhausted? Her first concern was seizures but the fact that he immediately was ok and he did not pass out kind of voided that concern. My poor little guy!!! On top of the falling over today, his eyes are pouring water and have some sort of drainage. Jeepers!!!f

post signature

4 comments:

Joey, Jennifer, Jordyn and Jana Claire said...

It almost sounds like inner ear problems...like he was dizzy or something! Hope that he has a better day today!

Andrew said...

I second the ear infection comments. The ear is the balance center for your body. Maybe request they check his ears at his check up. Poor Jonah!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rob h said...

"The Rebels Guide To Joy"

Chapter 1: Stay away from Ed Orgeron and juco quarterbacks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails