Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Happy 6th Birthday, Micah


Dear Micah,

My sweet little boy!  You are six years old today.  You seem so big yet still my little baby boy.  You are full of energy, entertainment and humor.  You are free with your affection.  You love big.  You are happy most of the time.  You are still a terrible eater (seriously, when does that get better????) but a champion sleeper.  

This is the year you moved from 100% momma's boy to a deep love for your daddy.  If he is home, you want to be with him.  Hey, who am I kidding?  If he is away, you still want to be with him.  When you hear him walk through the door each day, you literally drop what you are doing and take off running.  It's pretty sweet.  You still love your mommy and are free with your hugs, kisses and snuggles for me but Daddy is gaining ground fast!!

Kid, you are the funniest boy I've ever known.  You have us in stitches many times throughout the day.  You say and do so many funny things that I can't even write them all down and then I forget them by the time I try to tell somebody.  I think the thing that makes you even funnier is that you don't know you're funny.  If you ever realize you can try to be funny, we will be in a mess. 

You love to "do shows," swim, play Imaginext, ride roller coasters, create scenes with Playmobil,  play ANYTHING with Jonah, play board games and have time on your iPad.  Fun Spot, the Beach and Disney are always fun places to go and you enjoy them.   You really love church the most.  You love Sunday School, Children's Church but most of all, AWANA.  You are excited about being in your first Choir program this December.  You dreamed big and tried out for a speaking part and actually got one.  You memorized your lines on the first day you had them.  You've taken this very serious.  We still think back to your 100% Introvert days so we are completely shocked by this.  I never imagined you would want to perform in front of a crowd but here you are killing it.  

School has been so much fun for you.  You haven't dreaded going one time.  You wake up each morning excited to be there.  You love your teacher and the new friends you've made.  It's been so special to see you have your first year in real school with your best buddy Miller, who has been with you since the day you were born.  And, Sam & Grayson who became friends last year but are also big buddies of yours.  Being in a classroom full of people you really like makes the day so much fun.  It makes me happy that you love it so much.  

I'm so grateful God lets me be your mommy.  It's truly one of my life's greatest blessings.  I can't describe to you how much I love you and how much joy you bring our family.  You are extraordinarily unique.  I pray God will use you to bring glory to His name.  I pray you will come to know Him as your savior at an early age and you will follow Him all the days of your life.  

I love you big, sweet boy!  Happy 6th birthday!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails