Sunday, November 8, 2015

Micah's 5th Birthday Party

There was a moment back in September that I realized that a party for Micah's 5th birthday was more than I was up for this year.  I love parties.  I love birthdays.  I love celebrating the day my children entered this world and took their first breath.  But, sometimes life gets in the way of our dreams and we have to realize that our reality is just that...reality.  So, I canceled the big event I had planned and set out to convince a four year old that he would love a birthday party that involved seeing The Peanuts Movie.   I feel like you should know that when I pitched this idea to him, the first thing he said was "No thank you.  I don't even like peanuts...or pecans!"  As you can see, I had some work to do to make this happen.

We started watching some Youtube clips and slowly but surely, he was okay with the idea.  So, we went to bed on Friday night with a banner hung and ready to celebrate and almost 5 year old the next day.
We pulled our balloon wreath out and made a little sign for it to match out theme.  That poor balloon wreath has now been used for 5 solid years and is looking a little ragged.















(Now begins the portion of photos that revealed to me that we desperately need to pressure wash our fence!)



We decided to have a low key party with three other boys who are currently in VPK.  I always hate excluding people and narrowing down a guest list but we were going for small and three friends the same age as him was the perfect number to have.  Well, three friends AND a big brother!  Colton's mom dropped him off and then we went to pick up Grayson and Miller.

Here are the boys before the movie.  Aren't they cute?






Seriously, how cute are these little popcorn kits for kids?  It was so nice of them to make this work with our theme?  :-)








We came back to the house for lunch and some time to play.  I grabbed each kiddo for a photo with Micah.












While we waited on Ms. Donna to return with our ChickFila, the boys played in Micah's room.  This alone is proof that kids are happy just to play and have fun with each other.

Even though it was a small party, I still did a table for him with decorations.  He was so impressed with it.  









Miss Louise and GiGi were both there for the party and so was Ms. Donna but we missed a table photo with her.  












If you know Micah at all, you know he loves fruit.  I'm talking LOVES fruit.  So, these fruit kabobs were a major win for him.














While all of the other kids enjoyed birthday cake, Micah enjoyed a bag of birthday M&M's.  He never took one bite of cake but loved the candy.

The boys were just as excited as Micah about him opening gifts.  They each helped him open their gift to him.  Then, they took turns helping him with the gifts that came in the mail.  It was so fun. 








































It was such a fun day for our soon to be 5 year old.  He loved being with his three buddies.  There were lots of laughs and giggles.  And, during the movie, he leaned over and patted my arm and said "this is fun, mommy!  I like today!"  So, yep...it was a pretty perfect day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails