Wednesday, August 26, 2015

2015 First Day of School- 4th Grade and VPK

I just sent my boys off for Day 3 of this school year so I felt it was time to probably post the photos from Day 1. That might lead you to believe that I am caught up on this blog but I still have posts from May in my draft folder that have photos but no words. I've been living life with my boys rather than writing about it. So, now that they are back in school, I'll have a couple of hours each day to get things done and hopefully this blog will be one of those things.
The couch looked just like this Sunday night when we all went to bed.  Everything was ready for the next day.  All we needed was a good night of sleep.  



We woke the boys up around 6 that day so we could have time for pictures and to get to school almost an hour early.  A dear friend gave me the fabulous hint before our K year to get there at 7:00-7:15 so you get a parking spot and not have to fight traffic.  Since then, we aim to leave home by 7 and then just hang out in the car for a few minutes or walk up and visit with friends.  This has worked great each year because we never fight traffic or for parking spots.  And, there isn't a rush or frantic pace for Jonah on the first day.  

They ate their yummy breakfast of pancakes, turkey bacon and grapes before going outside for First Day of School photos.  











I would delete the next photo but Micah's eyes kill me.  You should know that this is what he does in about 80% of all photos these days.  It doesn't make for good photos but it is funny!





Micah got to go with us to Jonah's school because his starts later.  He happily walked with his brother.  He was "really kind of excited to see all of Jonah's friends and Mrs. Leonard!"






We stood around and visited with a lot of Jonah's friends and their parents.  I couldn't help but note the apprehension on so many faces as they walked up on the first day at a new school.  I remember being that parent and so unsure.  If I had only known how well Jonah would do here and how much he would be loved and love in return.  It's been a great school and great experience for him.  




Jonah and Logan have been together since Day 1.  They have been in every class together.  They are best buddies.  

Our sweet little friend (and by sweet, I mean like dripping with sugar.  She is so precious to us!!) Meagan is a 5th grade safety patrol this year.  


We left Jonah's school and drove a few miles down the road to Micah' school.  He was so excited for a new year.  He doesn't always handle new experiences so well so I was a bit worried.  I shouldn't have been worried at all.  He was so happy and walked right in like he was a rock star.  He waved to his friends, gave his teachers their gifts and took his place in the circle.  Whew!






Overall, it was a perfect first day!  Both boys love their school.  Both boys love their teachers.  That makes this momma happy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails