Friday, May 8, 2015

The latest

We are all home on a Friday night.  That is a rare occurrence these days.  Our weekends have been busy since the calendar rolled over to 2015.  We were just talking the other day about how we have not been to Disney as a family once time this year.  And, none of us have been on a Saturday or Sunday.  So, we have been super excited about this weekend.  The calendar was completely empty.  Then, I got sick.  I've been in bed most of the day today while Dan has assumed the role of chief housekeeper and cook.  (Have I mentioned before that God gave me a really good man??)

He let the boys swim while he grilled chicken for dinner.  Now they are all piled up in the living room watching Star Wars.  Age 4 was the year Jonah became obsessed with Star Wars and now Micah is getting there.  It is fun to watch them have their daddy/son things.  Star Wars has never been my thing so I'm happy to let it be theirs.  Earlier today, Dan took Micah to play his first 9 holes of golf.  This little guy had so much fun.  I think he enjoyed the "being with daddy" part more than the actual golf part.


We are down to our final 4 weeks of school.  I am so excited about the summer.  But, I'm a little overwhelmed.  I've never been this "scheduled" for summer 4 weeks out.  Jonah gets out of school on June 3rd and we leave for the airport the next morning at 5:00 a.m.  Dan is preaching the Celebration Service at FBC Vidalia on June 7.  We are so excited to go back to celebrate with that body of believers who mean so much to our family.  Thinking about that trip made me go back and read THIS blog post.  We haven't been to a Sunday service there since we left almost 6 years ago.  We so love those people and can hardly wait to worship with them again.

After we get back from that trip, we are home for a few days then Jonah and Dan leave for a week for CentriKid.  This will be Jonah's first sleepover camp.  I'm glad Dan will be there to experience it with him.  That be a fun week for both of them.  Micah will be a little devastated when he sees those suit cases.  So, I will be thinking up some fun things for him.

I had plans to write about several things tonight but my meds have kicked in and I'm going to sleep instead.  

1 comment:

Aja said...

You all will have a busy summer for sure! Hoping to fit a few activities with the West boys in there! Hope you feel better soon. PS- I am also quite happy to have Star Wars be a Daddy-son thing. I already struggle reading the head-to-head matchup book we have and playing with the figures when Daddy is at work. I just don't get it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails