Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Sunday full of Kiddos


One Sunday in November, our children helped lead in Worship.  They got to sing with the adult choir.  They got to be on the praise team.  It was a fun day for them.  







Well, on the Thursday before this service, I got a call from Jonah's piano teacher.  She asked if Jonah would consider playing a duet with her for the offertory on that Sunday.  I didn't think he would do it but he was so excited when I asked him about it.  He was more excited about playing with Ginny than any thing else.  He ended up having to practice that afternoon, the next day and then again on Saturday morning with her.  After we had been home a while, I got this text from Ginny.  
Seriously, how blessed are we to have this lady in our life?  She is a fabulous piano teacher but what she does for Jonah with self-confidence is beyond anything I could have ever hoped for.  

They played first in the 9:00 service and he did SO good.  I could not believe how great he did.  



They sang again in the 10:30 service.  Which means Jonah go tot play again.  Which also means I got to be nervous again.  










He is really becoming a great little pianist.  He site read a piece this week.  He picked out a song after hearing it.  I'm proud of him.  I hope this is something he will continue for a long time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails