Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lately

I started off this school year as a really good blogger.  But, life set in and things got busy.  And, to be honest, I don't really have a lot of pictures.  I need a good point and shoot camera suggestion from one of you blog readers.  I need something I can put in my purse so it is always there.  I use my phone 90 percent of the time now.  Which reminds me, I need to do a phone dump post.  Maybe that will be next.

This past week has been an emotionally draining week for me.  Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the date they loaded all of our things onto a big orange truck and we drove out of Vidalia.  Each day when I got the Timehop post showing me what we were doing on each day leading up to that and who we were with, well, it just hit me.  I miss those people.  Those final days of dinners and parties and play dates for Jonah were some of the sweetest of our lives.  Then, if that wasn't enough to make me sad, I was looking for something in a file box and ran across a file I hadn't looked at in years.  It had about 10 cards and letters in in.  I opened the first one and it was from Jennifer Russ, our beloved pediatrician there.  Some of the words she said to me and the affirmations she gave were exactly what I needed in that moment.  I sobbed.  Then, there was one from Sue.  And, if you don't know her, she isn't always so free with the words when she writes.  But, on this one, she took up the whole card.  I sobbed again.  It just went downhill from there.  In the mix of those cards was one for Jonah from "B and "Tawere" and I'll just say that it killed me too!

On the flip side, just yesterday I ran across a "bonus incentive" program put into place by Jimmy at my old job and that letter made me laugh until my sides hurt.  Actually, I'm laughing right now all over again. Seeing all of these old things with such memories has flooded my heart and mind with emotion.  

I have more to write but I just looked at the clock and I have to be at Jonah's school to volunteer in 40 minutes and I'm not dressed yet. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails