Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Our first family beach day of 2014

I told you I'd be a better blogger once my kids went back to school, right? Well, here I am again! I took the boys to school today then had an appointment with the doctor. After that, I browsed at Publix. Like, slowly took my time and didn't have to take a kid to the bathroom or clean up a dropped cookie. It was kind of nice. I brought all the groceries home and started dinner for 3 families. I started uploading pictures from various things we did this summer and now while the veggies roast, I can blog. Then, after I deliver dinner to the other two families, I can blog more. Dan has taken the boys to a crazy little adventure that you will see later on his Facebook. So, anyway... 

A couple of weeks ago, we had our first family beach day of this summer.  Who cares that it was the week before school started back.  It happened.  And, we loved it.  Poor Dan missed so much of our fun summer because he was working hard to finance the said fun summer.  ;-)  So, we were always happy when he got to be with us.  




The beach has been more beautiful this year than I ever remember it being in years past.  I am thinking about going one morning by myself now that the kids are back in school.  I don't ever get to sit and read or just stare at the water when they are there.  The beach is an all hands on deck kind of place.  But, I hear it calling my name while the weather is still so warm!


















As you can see, Dan and Jonah spent the majority of their day on boogie boards.  Jonah wants to take surf lessons next summer.  I offered to teach him myself but after seeing me on the boogie board, he declined. 




















There are many reasons I love Central Florida, and the beach is just one of them.  We left our house at 9:30.  We were on the beach at 10.  After playing in the pool and showering, we were back home by 5 that afternoon.  It was a great day!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails