Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Today- June 25

If you are friends with me on Twitter or Facebook, then you know how much I love the Timehop App.  Because I'm a memory person, I always think back to what we were doing on that day in the years past.  This blog has made that easy for me because I can always go click on that day to see what was going on.  (That doesn't work so much anymore since the last year has found me SO behind on this blog!!)  

Anyway, today was full of Timehop memories.  But, the biggest is what happened 5 years ago today.  Dan was in Louisville, KY at the Southern Baptist Convention.  I was home in Vidalia.  Later that day, we met up in the Orlando airport with two members of the Pastor Search Committee from this church.  That was our first meeting after months of phone calls/text messages/interviews/emails.  My flight arrived an hour or so before Dan's.  So, I met Jerry and Tracee before him, although I felt like I already knew them.  

That began a journey that led us to where we are today.  That weekend was full of meetings, interviews, meals, questions, tours, house searches and many prayers.  We were excited for the future but our hearts were so torn over the body we so loved in Vidalia.  It was a hard thing.  In many ways, it is still hard.  Our lives will be forever entwined with those people.  

Our move to DeLand has brought about so many changes in our lives.  We've had some of the hardest days of our ministry here.  We've also had some of the best.  I was blessed to dive deeply into the life of Gideon through a Priscilla Shirer study earlier this year.  That study answered so many questions for me about our time in DeLand.  It challenged me in numerous ways also. I'm grateful for the ways God has lead us, directed us and used us here.  I'm grateful for the challenges that have made us stronger.  I'm grateful that when we pulled into the city 5 years ago today, that He had already placed a love for the people that could only come from Him.  

I don't know where the next 5 years will find us.  Maybe I'll be sitting in the same living room with a 12 year old and 8 year old (GASP) or maybe I'll be somewhere else.  But, I'm even more committed to walking closely with the One who led us here and has been faithful all the days since. 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails