Thursday, February 13, 2014

Dan's 40th birthday

On Sunday, the most important man in our life turned 40 years old!  That is a pretty big milestone.  Because it was a Sunday, he left the house before 8:00 a.m. and got home about 12 hours later.  I let the kids stay up late so they could see him for just a few minutes on his birthday.  (The bear Jonah is holding is Lucky- his classroom bear that spent the weekend with us!)


I was at a loss as to what to do for Dan's birthday.  We are not usually gift givers between the two of us.  But, I couldn't let his 40th birthday pass without something special.  My friend Amanda sent me a text with the perfect idea. "For dan's 40th...have 40 people write a favorite memory of dan and you give him all the letters/memories!"  I immediately knew that was what to do!

Dan's love language is Words of Affirmation so this was the perfect idea.  I had less than a week to pull it off.  But, I did.  And, it was perfect!!!!  Seriously, it was the absolute best idea for him. 

Had had a few gifts from church that he needed to open first.  Then he opened all of his cards.  I had him sit down at the table to open our gift. 


He immediately opened the book and flipped through it to see who all sent the letters.  There were letters from family, former staff members, former and current church members, college friends, former employers and all the people who live in our house!
















I left a few sleeved page protectors int he back so I could put all of his cards in there.  It is turning into such a nice keepsake of this special birthday!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! This makes me so happy :) So glad he had a great birthday! Miss you guys so much!

Penny said...

Love the book! That is a treasure! Kudos to Amanda for the inspirations and you for pulling it off. It looks great! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails