Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pumpkins 2013

Now that Christmas is less than a week away, I felt it was the perfect time to share our trip to the Pumpkin Patch with you.  I'm nothing if not on the ball!  Dan's mom was here visiting when we loaded up and took the kids to a pumpkin patch/corn maze about 40 minutes away. 








This place had so many things to see and do.  That is why we chose to go there.  The weather was perfect.  We were excited to get there and find only a few cars.  Except, we parked in a back lot somehow and when we rounded the corner, there were cars and people as far as you could see.  The line to buy tickets was over an hour long. 



So, being the good parents that we are, we got in that line and waited so our kids could do all the fun things.  Yeah, that but just the opposite.  Instead I offered to take them for ice cream if we could leave and go back at a different time.  They totally bought that and we were back in the car just 30 minutes after arriving.  Fortunately, we did get to a take a few pics with pumpkins. 




Jonah's newest photo craze is to take silly photos or themed photos.  The theme this day was "Let me show you mad faces!"  So, I present....


We bought our pumpkins at Publix on the way home.  The boys each picked out designs to carve.  Gigi and Dan helped them while I took pictures.  (I've never enjoyed carving pumpkins so I always volunteer for a less messy role!)





We lost Micah to the toys just a few minutes after the carving started.  It held his attention for a good 2-3 minutes.  HA. 



As you can see, the boys, I mean Dan and his mom had a great time.  While they finished the pumpkins that Jonah just had to do this year, the boys played. 



And, somehow, I missed the final pictures but as Debbie finished the pumpkins, my kids and Dan ended up in the pool.  Just a typical day of making memories!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails