Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Good while it lasted

Man, I was a blogging machine last week!  This week, not so much.  I'm overwhelmed actually.  Being out of town for five days in the midst of the busiest time of year is tough.  I feel like so many things that seemed far away are here now.  I spent the day today wrapping gifts, getting boxes ready to ship and organizing mail.  I had a wedding shower tonight.  Dan had a meeting and just got home.  He ended up working 15.5 hours today which is impressive since the impression is that preachers only work one day a week!  :-)

My friend Louise dropped by in the middle of the day and brought lunch.  It was a great distraction from the mess around me.  Wrapping took over the house.  We don't do big Christmas for our kids.  We do the 3 gifts from Santa and then 3-4 other little things.  It made me so happy wrapping up those things for them today because I could just picture their faces opening them.  

Tomorrow is a big day for Jonah.  He gets to wear pajamas to school, take a sleeping bag and sleepy toy and watch movies.  And, they get to stay after school to watch The Polar Express.  He is so excited.  I remember days like that.  So fun!

Thanks to my babysitter Laura, I got my Christmas cards done tonight.  I'll buy stamps tomorrow and those will be on their way.  We really only send cards to people who live out of town.  Christmas card season is my favorite time of year!

Ok, I have more to write and HUNDREDS of pictures to share but it is after midnight and I'm exhausted!  More later...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails