Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pain & Suffering

My world has been rocked this week by extreme cases of pain and suffering.  I sometimes get caught up in my own little world and take for granted the good life that I have.  I think a simple bad day is just so awful when there are people around us who can barely breathe in and out from the pain.

In the span of 2 hours Saturday night, I spoke with 2 different people walking in valleys so low that you wouldn't believe me if I told you about them. Yet, I've been bummed all day because there is a 60% chance of rain that is keeping me from a day at Disney with Micah.  Seriously?!?!  Babies are diagnosed with cancer and marriages are torn apart by addiction and babies are living apart from their mommies and I'm focused on a day of rain that ruins my otherwise fairly perfect life. 

I've been constantly drawn to the book of Psalms lately.  I'm obsessed.  I can't read enough.  I'm underlining and highlighting like crazy.  When asked to speak, I'm pulling things from there. But, when sorrow comes, it is easy to get overwhelmed.  When I look at my friends who are struggling, I want to fix it.  My mind is fixated all week long on these things.  It's hard!

But, He is the Solid Rock on which I stand.  He is the Solid Rock on which they stand.  He is the Cornerstone.  Life changed...He did not.  I rest in that. 


When all around my soul gives way
He THEN is all my hope and stay

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails