Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Halloween 2013

In a post I did last week, I lamented about my boy's lack of desire to coordinate for Halloween.  Today, I will fill you in the actual night of Halloween.  I've seen cute Astronauts and Pirates before but these two just about did me in.  They were so cute and loved the costumes. 


And, just to mix things up a little bit, we threw a girl into the mix.  Cheyenne and her family joined us for the evening.  It was lots of fun.  And, a whole decibel louder.  That always happens when you throw a girl into the mix.  (Mainly because Micah tries to squeal louder than her!)



Cheyenne's mom, Harriet, is one of the funniest people I know.  She teaches middle school and fits in so well with that age group.  I didn't know that before Halloween night but just watching her had me in stitches.  And, she showed up with wigs for all of us.  ALL. OF. US.  I reserved my right to NOT wear mine until later in the night. 

As you can see, Cheyenne wasn't completely sure she was okay with this version of her parents.  Her older sister is off at college and when she saw this picture, I'm pretty sure she was glad about that. 
Seriously, we love this family!  They joined our church a few months ago and have been such an asset to us.  Jonah and Cheyenne are in karate together too.  So, we get to see them a few times each week.  And, to top it all off, Pete is a science teacher.  Which, pretty much makes him the coolest man EVER to Jonah.  He keeps giving him different science related things.  It makes Jonah so happy!









If ever there was a boy who did like candy, it is this one.  That kid walked 2.5 miles with the big kids just to get more candy.  But, he did let me down in the candy arena.  Several homes were giving out the big candy bars.  They would always let Micah choose his.  Dan said he dug to the bottom each time and got a Dum-Dum sucker!  What?  Who does that?  I have to train him better before next year.
You can't really tell what is going on here but Harriet was making these girls sing for their candy. She did this all night long.  If you were over the age of 10, you had to perform.  And. they. did!  No one denied her.  It was hilarious!!!




Jonah loves the candy but his favorite part of Halloween was handing out the candy. He could hardly wait to get back home to help me.  I always make the first mile with them then get back home to hand out candy at our house.  We don't like for our house to be dark on Halloween. 


Our neighbor even delivered homemade gourmet cupcakes to us.  Talk about good neighbors!




And, this final picture of Cheyenne pretty much sums up our night.  It was wild and crazy!  (And so much fun!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails