Monday, November 11, 2013

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

I got a call from Louise one morning asking if she could buy tickets to take us to see Sesame Street Live.  And, by us, I think she meant that I could tag along if I would bring her favorite two year old.  I knew Micah would love it so we set the plan in motion.  She and Hazel drove over to Daytona and got tickets for all of us to go the following week.  But, on Sunday before the performance on Wednesday, Micah got sick.  REALLY SICK!  I was sure we would have to miss.  But, he woke up well enough to go that morning so we were all really happy. 


I didn't even mention it to him until the morning of the show.  When he heard the news, he was beside himself.  He started singing "Can You Tell Me How To Get To Sesame Street" and didn't stop until he got shy in front of Hazel and Louise. 







Micah picked a pair of binoculars as a souvenir but a certain 80+ year old lady liked them just as much.  Hee Hee!  That Hazel is a kid at heart!


This picture of Micah and Louise was so sweet but it was blurry.  Then, he didn't smile so good in the next one.  So, I kept this one for the blog anyway.  He loves his "Weez!"




He sat with Hazel for some of the show.  She may never recover from all that activity.  They enjoyed watching together. 





Sweet Hazel took Micah down to buy an Elmo balloon.  Unbeknownst to us, the cost of those balloons are equal to a monthly house payment.  (not really but they were crazy expensive!)  I totally would have turned around and come back to our seats but she is too much of a grandmother to not buy the balloon. 

But, as you can see, that balloon made him really, really happy! 




Thanks for a fun day, "Weez and Ms. Hazel!"  We loved the show and loved hanging out with you guys. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails