Wednesday, September 4, 2013

It is after 11:00 p.m.  Dan has been home for only 20 minutes or so.  He finished the day after 16 hours.  Whoever said preachers don't work have never been around many preachers.  This one I married has an incredibly strong work ethic.  He is finishing up something that has to be to his secretary for tomorrow morning so I'm trying to keep myself awake by blogging.  I'm too lazy to upload pictures to go with this post so you'll have to just endure my rambling.

My mom and grandmother fly in tomorrow night.  It has been over a year since we have seen them.  That is the crazy thing about moving away.  I never imagined I'd go a year without seeing my mom or grandmother.  But, here we are a whole year later.  They will be here a week.  My mom's mission is to potty train Micah.  She potty trained Jonah in one day when he was exactly Micah's age.  And, Jonah was no where near as ready as Micah is.  He is already using the potty numerous times a day.  So, I'm hopeful for good results.  We won't push but if he is ready then we will be ready to help him achieve that milestone.

Before they get here tomorrow, I have a weeks worth of things to accomplish in one day.  We have our monthly staff wives gathering at our house.  I was going to cook a great breakfast but I didn't make it to the grocery store.  I decided to go after church when Dan got home.  I didn't realize that would be after 11.  So, our meal is going to be a bunch of random breakfast things that won't be very organized.  I guess I'm just setting the bar VERY low for whoever hosts next month. I hope they appreciate that.  ;-)

Tomorrow is Grandparent's Day at Micah's school.  I've been so upset all week because he doesn't have a grandparent to go with him.  All of his special grandparent type friends either work tomorrow or have a luncheon at the church.  Donna offered to miss work but I'd never let her do that.  And, if I really asked one of the widows to miss the first luncheon, I know they would but I don't want to do that.  I was going to just have him go and not have a grandparent but after quite a few tears tonight, I just couldn't do that.  Keeping him home wouldn't be a problem except I have the staff wives thing here.  So, my friend Laura scooped in to save the day!  She's going to hang with him if she doesn't get called in to sub.  I'll grab him from her then head to the widow's luncheon and just take him with me.  

I have more riveting rambling for you but Dan just walked in and we are both exhausted.  So, I'm going to sleep!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails