Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stories about the boys

Tonight during our family worship time, we talked about some things the boys could do to let their light shine at school tomorrow.  I told Jonah about one girl in his class that I know for sure is new to his school.  I told him there were probably more new kids in his class and that it would be really great if he would befriend a new kid on the first day.  We talked about ways to help them meet other kids like inviting them to sit with him at lunch or play with him when they go outside.  When it came time to pray, Micah gave us the order of who prayed when.  (Jonah, Dan, Me then him.)  

We were all going to ask God help us do the thing we needed to let our light shine for Jesus tomorrow.  I fully expected Jonah to pray about the new kids.  Instead, this is what we got...

"Dear God, thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Micah and Max.  Please help Micah not be so bossy."

 




Micah is a terrible eater.  TERRIBLE.  Last night he gagged on Mac & Cheese.  Tonight, it was a turkey sandwich.  If it isn't fruit, chicken or pizza, he doesn't eat it.  During dinner tonight, he said "Mommy, Jonah not eating his food!"  I said "Well, hello there Pot!"  (You know, as in, Hello Pot, I'm kettle!)  He immediately said "Pot?  I a pot?  Oh, (then he started singing) I a little teapot, short and stout!...)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails