Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Breaking the routine!

Micah went to bed at his normal time tonight.  But, he never settled down.  He sang.  He clapped.  He sang some more.  He cheered every time he said a prayer.  He kicked the wall.  He called for me.  He called for Dan.  He laughed.  He played.  I listened to him over the monitor then decided to go be fun mom and get him up.  Dan and I were already in bed.  We've been getting up super early so we are both dead by 9:00 each night.  But, at 9:45, I walked into Micah's room and said "Do you want to come to our room for a special treat?"  Of course he said yes!  So, I brought him in here and let him watch a little Sesame Street while Dan answers email.  I picked up my computer and opened the webcam.  Look at this silly little guy who is up hours past his bedtime!







Sometimes, the most fun nights are when you break routine and just do something for the fun of it!  And, trust me...this one has fun with just about everything he does!

1 comment:

Aja said...

I love him. And I love that you put a picture of you ready for bed on your blog. Brave friend. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails