Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sleeping Brothers

A few weeks ago, I posted these pictures on Facebook along with the following text.

"From the moment Jonah found out he was having a baby brother, he wanted to share a bed with him at night. Throughout my pregnancy, we talked about it so much that Jonah just assumed it would happen as soon as Micah was born. I remember the first night he was home from the hospital, Jonah scooted over in his bed and then patted the bed and said "you can just put him here!" Needless to say, that didn't happen. But, tonight, his big brother dream came true. He got to sleep in Micah's bed with him. I almost cried when he told Micah "I've been waiting for this a really long time, buddy!"

Me too, Jonah...me too!
"


 It was definitely one of those full circle nights for me.  It was the culmination of something we had talked about for so long.  It was a sweet, sweet night that my boys are still talking about it.  You might wonder how many nights they have slept together since then.  Well, that would be zero!  They have certainly asked but my word, those boys were up at 5:45 a.m. playing.  For kids who normally sleep until at least 9:00 a.m., that 5:45 playtime did not fly!
We've been talking about doing this again but helping them understand the value falling back asleep after the initial wake up.  Because, that early morning wake up time made this momma tired for the rest of the day!  (But, the sweetness from the night before made it all okay!)

1 comment:

Cathi said...

It's just so precious to see these photos! Hey - I can send Colton over and maybe YOUR boys will teach Colton to sleep a little later. I shouldn't complain b/c at least his wake-up call is 6:00'ish instead of 5:00 these days! I'd be checking his breathing if he was still asleep at 7, haha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails