Thursday, June 6, 2013

Holy, Holy, Holy

Ever have one of those moments when you realize you just might be doing the right things as a mom?  Yeah, I ALMOST had one of those.  As we were finishing lunch, Micah was rubbing his eyes and kept saying "I want holy, holy!"  I want holy, holy!"  I said "You want Holy, Holy, Holy in your bed?"  He smiled so big and said "Yes!  In my bed!  I want Holy, Holy!" 

I cleaned him up and went to his room with him.  All the while smiling that the truths and hope I've poured into his heart is finally taking root and he is requesting songs like "Holy, Holy, Holy" rather than "The Itsy Bitsy Spider!"  I changed his diaper and his clothes, turned off the light and crawled into bed with him.  I started to sing "Holy, Holy, Holy" and he started screaming.  "NO!  I want holy, holy!  Not my bed!  I want holy, holy!"  I realized then that maybe he didn't want to nap but just wanted to sing.  I explained to him that it was naptime and he had to take a rest but I would still sing.  He screamed and cried.  I'm talking crocodile tears.  (Which, by the way, why are they called crocodile tears?  Have we ever seen a croc cry?)  


He kept crying and pointing at the door.  I took him by the hand and let him lead me because I knew he was trying to tell me something.  (If you remember, we have some speech issues with him that we need to have him evaluated for)  We got back to the kitchen and he kept crying, pointing to the pantry and saying "Holy, Holy!"  I opened the pantry and he grabbed a can of Ravoili.  Then he smiled and said "See, holy, holy!  You no sing ANYMORE!" 


2 comments:

destinmimi said...

I am laughing out loud!!

Penny said...

OMGoodness! Hilarious! But sorry he wasn't asking for the song. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails