Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day- 2013


Almost seven years ago, I became a mom.  I held those sweet baby boys in my arms and fell in love all over again.  I was the first one to love them, to kiss them, to wipe their tears, to read to them and to rock them.  I was there when they took their first steps, ate their first solid foods, slept through the night and got their first haircuts.  I'm big on making memories...and we have a lot of them.  

Because of them, I now know about The Avengers, sword fights, pirate ships, bugs, dinosaurs, boogers and PLENTY of potty humor.  In turn, I hope I can instill in them how to be kind, polite, respectful, to open doors for ladies and to keep bodily functions private.  I'm amazed at the little people they are becoming.  

We attempted photos before church this morning.  My sweet husband is amazing at so many things.  Camera lighting is not one of them.  We got in the car to drive to church and I reviewed these only to discover some really good photos with terrible shadows.  







Oh well!  We tried, right?  I should probably learn that when you live with a Preacher, Sunday Morning is NOT the time to attempt anything that takes extra time.  His mind is 1,000 other places.  Which, I guess is a pretty good thing.  :-)  Apparently it paid off this morning because I have heard from many people that the sermon was amazing today.  I missed it because it was my day in Children's Church.  I'll podcast it later in the week.   I always enjoy the messages God lays on his heart and I hate to miss them.  

Later tonight, we we were invited to dinner with friends so we took the camera in hopes of a few photos with my favorite guys. 








It has been a really great day!  But, honestly, most of my days are really great.  I feel so blessed to have married the man I did and given birth to the boys God gave us.  I feel such a heavy load of responsibility to be wife and mother that HE has called me to be.  I struggle with putting aside my selfishness to give more freely to them.  I want my boys to grow up in a home where they know their mom loved Jesus, their daddy and them.  I want those things to be actions and not words.  So, tomorrow will be another "regular" day that I get up early and ask God to help me to those things. And, somewhere in my journal, will be another prayer of thanks and gratitude to God for the chance to have them and love them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails