Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dan's Birthday (without a picture of Dan)

Back in February, we got to celebrate the life of the best man I know.  Birthdays as adults tend to take a backseat to life so that might explain why this post of Dan's birthday has not one single picture of him.  (Oops!)  I let Jonah wrap the gifts he picked out for Dan.  If I continue this trend, we will need to buy stock in scotch tape. 


Then, on Dan's actual birthday, I grabbed the kids and we snuck out of the house so he could sleep late.  The best gift you could ever give that man is a morning with no alarm clock and no place to be.  So, we ventured out to Dunkin Donuts while he slept.

I let the kids pick whichever donuts they wanted.  And, I let go of all control and let them quit eating one after they took a bite just to try another one.  I'm working hard on the whole "say yes just to say yes" at times that it doesn't matter.  This was one of those times. 







As you can see, Micah mostly enjoyed licking the various toppings from the top of the donut then moving on to the next one. 



It didn't take long for these two to be totally hyped up on sugar.  And, in turn, it didn't take long for me to regret the whole decision of choosing then to be the "say yes just to say yes" moment. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails