Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Fool's Day

On Monday, I asked Jonah if he knew what April Fool's Day was?  He did not.  I gave him a brief lesson on the day and we moved on.  No jokes played.  Life went on.  Yesterday, as I was driving him home from school, there was not a car in sight but he yelled "watch out, that car is going to hit you! April Fool's!"  (the trickster in me has much to work on with his pranks...that was pitiful!)  I told him it wasn't April Fool's Day anymore so he couldn't play April Fool's jokes.  He quickly responded with "Well, I didn't know what it was on that day so I'm taking this whole month to do the jokes!'  

He then went on to tell me that he really got Ms. Ginny good.  I held my breath because Ginny Wright is the sweetest, kindest person you could ever meet.  She is his piano teacher.  I was scared to death of what he did to her.  Ready for it?  When he sat down at practice, he said "I can't remember where Middle C is?"  Yep, he really got her.  And, being the kind soul that she is, she played right into after he said "April Fool's" to her.  He said she kept saying "you got me, you really got me!"

So, be warned!  You might just be driving with him on an empty road and be startled about a car that is going to hit you or you may have to teach him where Middle C is on the piano!  Either way, I'm keenly aware of the task that lies in front of me to teach him proper April Fool's jokes.  Math, Science, Music, and, well, let's face it, most everything of importance will lean strongly towards Dan, but this one, this is all up to me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails