Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ending Spring Break

I'm sitting on the back porch watching my boys jump in the bounce house.  I bought this thing off of a local swap & sell site for $100 and it has been well worth every penny.  Now that summer is almost here, I'm considering putting it back on the site since I know the pool will trump bouncing most every day.  Jonah swims like a fish and Micah loved the water last year so I'm expecting a summer full of sunshine and splashing.

Dan was able to take 2 days off to spend with us during Spring Break.  I'm so glad.  We all enjoyed being with him.  I was sad to see him head out this morning.  He had two funerals today.  When all is said and done, it will be a 12 or 13 hour day for him.  That is a sure jolt back into reality.  He will end the day doing the site test for the Secret Church Simulcast tomorrow night.  I'm sad to miss it but the hours are 7 p.m. - 1 a.m.  Finding a sitter for that would be quite costly and somewhat difficult.  Those aren't the most condusive hours for babysitter availability.  But, just as I discovered last year, Twitter will be full of people attending so I can read the best of Secret Church as it happens.

The big consignment sale I do is less than a month away and I'm no where near ready.  The guest room is FULL of stuff.  But, one week from tomorrow, friends from Vidalia fly in so that room has to be ready for them.  So, hopefully I can get very task oriented and get that taken care of in the next few days so they will have a clean place to sleep.  I'm excited to have a little company.  We've been missing home lately.

Our boys are growing by leaps and bounds.  Jonah has his first loose tooth.  I'm not sure I've mentioned that on here or not.  It was quite traumatic when he found out.  He is the only kid in his class who hasn't lost a tooth.  So, I've been anxiously waiting for the first wiggle.  When he told me his tooth hurt every time he bit down, I checked it and exclaimed "JONAH, YOU HAVE A LOOSE TOOTH!"  He burst into tears.  It was so bad after 5-6 minutes that I took a video to send to Dan.  See for yourself.  IT WAS BAD, Y'ALL!



We are still dealing with the after effects of this revelation.  It seems most everything revolves around this tooth.  These are just a few comments I heard TODAY.

"I'm not going to read upside down in case my tooth comes out."
"Micah, you are going to need to play gentle because I have a loose tooth."
"Mommy, can I use a straw with my loose tooth?"
"Will you please cut my waffle so it is easier for my loose tooth?
"I'm not sure I should be in the bounce house with a loose tooth."

"I don't want it to feel weird in my mouth when that tooth is gone."
"Daddy, you can feel my tooth one time but then you have to let go of it!"
"Why does everyone keep asking me if I want to pull my tooth?  I DO NOT want to pull it EVER!"
"When I get back to school, I will make sure Mrs. Hoover knows my tooth is loose in case she wants me to do something that could hurt my tooth."

I could go on.  That all was said today.  If this tooth doesn't come out soon, this kid will worry himself to death.  And, us in the process!!  Well, at least he isn't crying about it anymore.  

Tomorrow, the last day of Spring Break, will be filled with doctor appointments, haircuts, a little shopping and much dread about the return of normalcy.  The good news is that summer break is just 11 weeks away.  Can't wait!!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails