Friday, February 15, 2013

Favorite Presidents

Jonah:  (as he got into the car at school today) Did you know that Monday is President's Day?  I'm so excited! 

Me:  Yes, I did know that.  Did you talk a lot about presidents today?

Jonah:  Yes, and I loved it.  My favorite presidents are Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.  You won't believe all the things the did.

Me:  I thought Barack Obama was your favorite president. 

Jonah:  No, he is our current president but my favorites are Lincoln and Washington.  Do you have a favorite president?

Me:  Hmmm...maybe Reagan. 

Jonah:  WHO?  I don't know who that is. 

Me:  He was president when I was a little girl.

Jonah:  Did he free slaves?

Me:  No.

Jonah:  Was he a soldier?

Me:  I'm not sure.

Jonah:  Did he lead our country through a war?

Me:  I don't think so.

Jonah:  Did he dance with Betsy Ross?

Me:  I don't know.

Jonah:  You need to pick a better president.  Yours didn't do very much.


1 comment:

Penny said...

You better bone up on Reagan's accomplishments. Lol. That boy is a hoot! Cracks me up. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails