Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Boogie or Buggy?

Last week, Jonah went with me to Sam's to load up on groceries for Micah's birthday party.  As we were walking from the car to the store, I said "I need a buggy?"  Jonah looked at me with a little twinkle in his eye and said "did you say boogie or buggy?"  Then he started to giggle.  So, I did what any mom of a six year old boy would do.  I boogied right there in the parking lot.  With my son.  For a while. 

He giggled.  I giggled.  People stared at us.  I didn't care.  I made a memory with my little boy.  I haven't quit thinking about it since then.  We boogied from the car to the door.  Then from the door back to the car.  I feel like so much of my time with my kids is spent teaching, training, educating, nurturing and directing.  Sometimes, it just feels good to boogie!

1 comment:

jenny winstead said...

again, Best. mom. ever....end of story!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails