Friday, October 12, 2012

The week in review

Last Saturday, we got up, dressed the boys in colors that would coordinate with pumpkins and headed to the Pumpkin Patch in Eustis.  Our main reason for choosing this place was knowing about the ample seating (for me) and fact that you purchase your pumpkin, carve it there and then LEAVE the mess with them.  Oh, and they have fabulous kettle corn.  

The boys opened a package from my mom before we left so they were entertained with their new books for the entire drive there.  This place is only about 25 minutes from our house but just a couple of miles away from the patch, I realized we didn't have Micah's diaper bag.  So, we had to drive even further to find a CVS so I could buy diapers and wipes.  I was glad we had the new books to entertain them.  
After our stop at CVS, we pulled into the pumpkin patch and as we parked, the rain started to fall.  We checked the radar and realized it would be a short storm but it was raining hard.  We decided to wait it out and then Dan reminded me of how muddy it would be.  That was all I needed to hear to punt this plan and find another activity for the Day.  We have the whole month of October to hit up the pumpkin patch.

So, we drove to the mall in Sanford so they could play on the indoor playground.  When we got there, it wasn't raining at all.  And, the Touch A Truck event was in it's last hour.  So, we parked and let the boys see some trucks up close.  

After a little while out there, we headed inside to have lunch and then play.  Both of my boys L-O-V-E the mall playground.  Jonah is slowly becoming too big for it but we take advantage of it now while we can.  

I've also spent a great deal of time since my surgery playing Words With Friends.  I'm usually fairly good at this game.  But, as of this morning, the game below currently has me 388-243.  My mother-in-law is KILLING me.  Personally, I prefer to think she is just taking advantage of someone on pain meds.  ;-)


Tuesday night, we drove to Bob Carr in Orland to see Sesame Street Live.  My goal before surgery was to be well enough to go with my family to this event.  It was a magical night for little Micah.  I wish you all could have see his face.  He was captivated.  I loved every second of it.  






On Wednesday, a sweet friend in our church picked me up for lunch then took me to Publix.  It had been over 8 weeks since I had been in the grocery store.  I actually considered it to be a fun outing.  I was exhausted when we made it home three hours after leaving.  I came inside, crawled in my bed and slept for over 2 hours.  I got up just in time to be picked up for church.  It was SO good to be back there.  We had so many new people that I had never seen.  I counted 25 or 26 faces that I didn't know.  That's exciting!

Then, last night, our family joined almost 4000 other DeLand folks in downtown in hopes of breaking the previous world record for the most people doing the Twist at once.  Chubby Checker was on hand to help us.  It was a fun night and the record was certainly broken.  





It has been a fun and full week.  I feel like I'm finally beginning to feel like me again.  I've gotten to be outside and do a little more than I have in the past two months.  I still can't lift my kids or anything over a pound but I can be up and out some and that has been nice. 

And, as you probably know, I have MANY pictures from Sesame Street Live and from last night but those deserve posts of their own.  I'll get those up soon.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails