Saturday, September 15, 2012

Disney in the 1st Grade

On the Friday before my surgery, we surprised Jonah at school right as the bell rang and told him we were heading to Disney for the rest of the day.  We had not been since April or May.  So, we were all excited about some time with the mouse.  Especially Jonah who has "never been to Disney in the 1st grade!"




I always try to put the boys in matching shirts anytime we do a theme park or big crowds.  It makes it much easier to spot them when they are dressed alike.  

The monorails were basically empty when we arrived.  There was hardly ANYONE there.  It was nice.  It started to fill up later in the day so we enjoyed the empty feeling while it lasted.  

I walked thought the gate followed by Jonah but then Dan's pass didn't work.  So, he had to go to the window to get a new one.  Poor Jonah thought he was not coming with us.  
We took off down Main Street USA and my boys (mainly the little one) were CAPTIVATED by the balloons.  Oh my!  We made the mistake one time of getting Jonah a balloon and it was a nightmare to keep up with.  So, we didn't buy him one but he so wanted one.  








The boys and I rode the teacups while Dan ran over to the Winnie the Pooh ride to get Fast Passes.  These two wild boys almost made their mommy sick!


We waited in line to ride Buzz Lightyear.  We typically have Fast passes for this so I don't think I've ever waited in the line.  It was only a 15 minute wait.  Micah spent the entire wait saying "Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz!"





Dan and Jonah take the Buzz ride very seriously.  So, they beat us.  They actually SMOKED us!  That's okay because Micah and I had just had fun spinning round and round.  And by fun, I mean trying not to be sick!  




























As we were walking towards the new Dumbo ride, Jonah spotted the beautiful rainbow in the sky.  
Our last stop for the day was a visit with Mickey and Minnie.  The little guy is somewhat impressed with those two lately.  We've seen them a few times but he always freaks a little.  So, we keep going in hopes of him not melting down.  





Once we made it the room where they were, he got very serious about them.  He kept peeking around to see them.  




They rounded the corner and he never freaked.  He didn't want to get down necessarily but he was totally okay with them.  














Lately, he has loved "Ninnie" more than Mickey.  He talks about her all the time.  So, when he saw this large stuffed Minnie, he was super excited!!!






While we waited on the Monorail, Jonah spent his time making Micah laugh.  You'll see the pictures below.  They are blurry because he was moving so fast.  But, you'll get the point.  Micah, along with most of the people waiting with us, were all laughing at him.  














As soon as the monorail doors were about to shut, I realized I didn't have my little purse.  You know, the one with our Disney tickets and my drivers license and credit card.  Yeah!  And, it wasn't just about losing those things, the last thing they told me at my pre-op appointment that morning was "Be sure you have your license when you report for surgery Monday."  Yeah, I was in crisis mode!  Dan jumped off the monorail as the doors closed and took off into the park to retrace our steps.  

After only a couple of minutes, I remembered exactly where it was.  I put it down on the barrel in the Mickey & Minnie meet and greet in order to take pictures and then never picked it up again.  I was able to call Dan and he went straight there.  Fortunately, it was still there.  Whew!  We hung out and waited on him to catch up with us.  Jonah took a little rest while we waited.  
And, somehow the following pictures ended up at the end of this post.  I don't have the energy to find where they go, so just consider them as BONUS!  :-)






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails