Thursday, July 26, 2012

Working hard

Dan was in the back reading Micah his bedtime stories while Jonah and I sat on the floor in the living room talking about his birthday party today.  We are really hammering down the idea of gratefulness so I took the opportunity to talk a little about that.  He was talking about how fun his party was when I told him he needed to especially thank Daddy.  He asked why.  I told him that Dan works really hard so we can have special things and do special things like birthday parties.  I went on to talk about how birthday parties cost money and if daddy didn't work hard then we couldn't have parties.  He asked me how working hard meant you could have parties.  So, I explained that working equals money and money helps you buy things and pay for things like waterslides at last year's party or the bounce house this year.  He sat there for a minute and said "Well, I guess daddy didn't work very hard before I turned 4 because that party was at home!!"  LOL!  That kid!  


I just told Dan this story and he said "that's interesting because just earlier today he told me that his 4 year old Pirate party was his favorite EVER!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails