Friday, July 20, 2012

Our fireplace redo

One of the things I was most excited about when we bought this house was the mantle.  I've always wanted a mantle to decorate.  Except, with this one, that wasn't a possibility.  This fireplace was framed with tile and a very small mantle made of Sheetrock.  And, when I say very small, I mean like 6 inches. It wasn't even wide enough for a picture frame to sit on.  VERY SMALL!













So, since we've lived here, I've had big dreams of adding a mantle and dressing up the fireplace.  We finally did something about a few months ago.  I haven't actually decorated it yet because I haven't seen anything jump out at me.  And, honestly, I haven't really looked.  I'm kind of waiting for Fall to do a big display or maybe even Christmas.  So, until then, I've just stuck a few things I already had up there. But, you will see the MAJOR difference.  









We are so incredibly pleased with the work.  If you need any type of home renovation, we can hook you up with JMS Builders.  They found the perfect people for our job.  It was quick, neat and just what we wanted.  

2 comments:

Barb said...

Looks great! I wish I had a mantle over my fireplace - it's just framed with crown moulding. That's no fun at Christmas! :)

Cathi said...

I finally got to see the finished product and, you're right, it's beautiful! John did a great job with the trim work. I'll share this with Jeff so he can see your plug..thank you for that! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails