Sunday, July 15, 2012

Life lately

We are typically midnight to 1:00 a.m. bedtime people.  That is the norm around our house.  Tonight, that will not be the case.  I'm already in bed.  Dan is in bed too but on the phone with a church member.  I'm sure that when that call ends, he will be down for the count too.  We are tired!


Today alone was enough to wear most anyone out but add that to the craziness of VBS week and some other church commitments over the weekend and we are spent.  But, it is a good kind of spent.  It is the kind where you feel accomplished.  It is the kind where you know you are doing exactly what you are called to do.  But, that doesn't take away the tired.  


Tomorrow morning, we are loading the bus with a bunch of our students and heading to Busch Gardens in Tampa for the day.  Our boys will be staying home with friends who love them and will spend the day making them very happy.  We will spend the day with a crazy bunch of teenagers.  Which, by the way, is the best part of Dan's job.  We love getting to hang out with every age group in our church.  From small babies in the nursery to our senior adults, we love it.  Although, we did totally skip messy game night tonight.  ;-)


Micah is going through a total "I want my mommy" stage after a full week in the nursery at VBS last week.  Jonah is going through a "VBS kept me so busy and was so fun that I expect that every single moment for the rest of the summer" stage.  So, that should make for an interesting last month of summer vacation.  Which, by the way, I'm so bummed about school starting again.  There are still SO many things I want to do with my kids.  I am not ready for the routine and discipline of the school year again.  


We have a trip home to MS/LA scheduled soon and we are so excited.  I've spent the last week trying to make a schedule that allows us to see as many people as possible.  That is hard to do when you only have a week.  Jonah keeps telling Micah how much fun Vidalia is.  I wonder if Micah will grow up with the same love for that place as Jonah has?  He has certainly fallen in love with the friends from there who have visited here.  And, it probably isn't long until he gets to drive a tractor at Tim's farm.  That will sell him on the place for sure.  Dan is making this trip with us.  It will be his first trip home since we moved here almost 3 years ago.  I'm glad he gets to go but I'm especially glad to have his help on the airplane and in the airport.  


Ok, I've rambled enough.  Sorry for no pictures.  I have SO many to blog but it just isn't gonna happen tonight.  Soon, though!  I promise!  And, as Jonah says "When I promise, it means I REALLY promise and I never break a promise!  Unless I forget!  Then, I might break a promise!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails