Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jonah's new Bible

 Now that Jonah can read, we have been in the market for a new Bible for him.  His last Bible was full of pictures and paraphrased stories.  So, we did lots of research to find a Bible for him.  Dan really wanted to give him the same thing he preaches from but there were no NIV Bible for Young Readers.  So, we settled on the NIrV.  


He was so proud carrying his Bible into church this morning.  I told him last night that when he got to Sunday School then he just needed to ask Mrs. JoAnn to help him find the scripture in his Bible.  I assured him she wouldn't mind helping him.  He said "Then I will ask her to help me find it and I will ask my daddy to help me when we get to church!'  I had to explain that Daddy couldn't come down from the pulpit to help him but that I would be glad to help.  He said "I guess that is okay!"
I snapped these couple of pictures during church when he was reading along while Dan read the scripture.  Oh, how I hope and pray that this young little mind will soak up as much of God's word at an early age.  I've found myself praying numerous times today that he will always have a genuine love and desire to know the written word of God.  


1 comment:

Avery's Mommy said...

Avery wants to carry her Bible with her but I wasn't sure when to really let her start that. Now I know ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails