Friday, May 4, 2012

Serious fun!

I can't remember the last time we were all home together with no agenda.  It has been so long that I went back to my calendar and tried to find it.  I couldn't.  And, honestly, this day just snuck up on us.  Dan asked what we were doing after Micah's swim lesson and for the first time, I realized there was no plan.  Do you hear me?  NO PLAN!  Those were beautiful words to me.  

Jonah and I scrolled through the movies on Netflix and Amazon looking for something that would be new to all of us.  We finally settled on the old school Swiss Family Robinson, circa 1960.  Before starting the movie, we had pizza and ice cream to eat.  Then came the big job of wearing Micah out and getting him ready for sleep so the rest of us could watch the movie.  That wasn't hard.  He was in a fabulous mood and we all had fun playing together.  I posted this picture on Facebook and said "We have serious fun at our house!"



And, we do!  Tonight was as close to perfect as it can get.  Tomorrow goes back to the crazy grind that is our lives.  We do love what we do and we love the people we get to do life with but sometimes it is nice to just be together as a family...and giggle!

1 comment:

Aja said...

First of all, Swiss Family Robenson was one of my favorite movies as a kid. "I'm afraid it's going to take more than a crossbow!"
Second of all, I can't imagine keeping your schedule! But as someone who has lately been on the receiving end of some of your busy-ness, I am thankful for the sacrifices you all make to show God's love to those in your life! You and Dan model service to us and make our family want to do the same. Thankful for your sweet family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails