Monday, March 26, 2012

Why I would be sad!

I'm having a problem with Jonah not paying attention in parking lots.  It has been a real struggle lately and has become a constant discussion around our house.  He almost walked in front of a UPS truck the other day.  He is so easily distracted and just doesn't pay attention.  Since he is five years old, he doesn't quite get the ramifications of how dangerous this is.  I told him that if he wasn't watching, a truck could run over him and hurt him really badly.  He said "Or, I might die!"  


"Yes, you might die and I would be so sad."  I said.  He asked me what I would do if he died.  I told him "I would probably cry myself to sleep every night and I would have a very hard time being happy again."  He thought about it for a minute and then said "I'll be more careful, I promise!"  


Well, we went on about our day and several hours later, he came up and said "I know another reason you would be sad if I died!"  I asked him what it was thinking it was something super sweet.  He said "You would have to pick up all the toys in the living room yourself instead of telling me to do it!"

2 comments:

Cristi said...

OMG I laughed out loud!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes... I'm laughing out loud! That boy, that boy! - Gigi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails