Saturday, March 24, 2012

The last of Spring Break

It is almost 1 a.m.  We are super tired.  But, Dan is answering some church emails before bed so I took a minute to update the blog.  We decided around 3:30 this afternoon to head to Disney for the night.  We normally avoid all holidays and Spring Break time there but decided to break our rule and give it a shot.  


We got to the Magic Kingdom around 5:00 p.m. and left after the fireworks.  We got home a little after midnight but had to give both boys baths and get them down for the night.  I tucked Jonah in and told him how much fun I had with him today.  He opened his sleepy eyes and said "Mommy?"  I said "Yes, buddy?"  He said "I had so much fun on spring break.  We made happy memories!"  


I'm glad he can look back at this week with such happy thoughts.  It went nothing like we planned.  We were supposed to be on an airplane and visiting friends and family who we love and miss.  But, God had other plans.  And the little boy who we thought would be devastated about missing that trip has "happy memories" of this week.  Hopefully, he will always remember the happy memories.  I know I will!  (Another HUGE reason I blog!!!)


Micah fell asleep during the fireworks and slept until we got to the Monorail then he stayed awake the entire trip home.  Such a little trooper!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails