Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jonah's last Upward game

After one season of Upward Basketball, I can officially say that I am a fan of that organization.  Wow!  I loved it.  What I didn't love was having a place to be every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.  This little guy liked it even less than me.  


I had to wake him every week.  He usually ate breakfast in his stroller after we arrived at the church gym.  Jonah, on the other hand, LOVED IT!  He wasn't necessarily skilled in the sport of basketball but he didn't know that.  He loved every minute of it.  
































The Braswells were more than kind to come and care for Micah on several occasions so that I could focus on Jonah and his game.  He loves him some Donna so this was perfect for him.  




Since this was the last game, we took some party food to celebrate.  The boys were glad to chow down before their weekly award ceremony.  






































Be sure to notice the "3" he is holding up.  That is because he took three shots in the game.  That might not seem like much but those were the only three shots he took all season.  I asked him to promise me that he would take a shot and he did.  I didn't care if he made it, I just wanted him to attempt the shot.  The stands erupted for him when he did.  It was like he won the game for him even though he only shot.  
In case you have ever wondered what happens when you tell Micah he has to walk rather than be carried when he prefers to be carried, then this is it.  




It really was a great Upward season and I'm looking so forward to next year.  I only wish we offered Upward for every sport.  I love the values it teaches along the important spiritual truths.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails