Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hugging Brothers

When I was pregnant with Micah, I was always concerned about the 4+ year age difference.  I wondered if they would love each other.  I wondered if Jonah would ever not be annoyed with his little brother.  I wondered if they would play together.  I wondered if they would ever be close.


It didn't take long for me to realize those were unwarranted worries.  From the moment Jonah laid eyes on Micah, he was smitten.  He loves him and protects him.  He checks on him.  He wonders where he is when he isn't in the car at school pick up.  He laughs with him.  He loves to play with him.  And, he loves to hug him.

After the 30th or so hug in the tub last night, I finally grabbed my phone to get a picture of it.  I don't know what lies ahead for these two, but I'm so glad they have each other for the journey!

2 comments:

jenny winstead said...

that is so so precious! i was worried about the 8 year difference between my boys and it has been "interesting" at times, but the older blaise gets, the more smitten he is with cole and cole has always been SO patient and loving to blaise. :) i think the older child always seems more tender...just my theory.

Penny said...

So sweet! Jonah is the best big brother~ but Micah would make for anyone to NOT love him. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails