Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Worry

I just finished devotions and prayer time with Jonah.  That is usually Jonah/Daddy time but Dan has meetings most Wednesday nights and isn't usually home until around 11:00 p.m.  So, Jonah is finally accepting that it is just me on Wednesday night.  He really misses his daddy but he is also bothered by the fact that we have to rush through everything.  Since we get home 1.5 hours after their bedtime, the bedtime routine is rushed and not very special since I'm trying to get both of them down in record time.


After getting Micah in bed, Jonah's teeth brushed and clothes laid out for tomorrow, we snuggled in his bed to do his devotion.  The topic was worry.  The writer used 1 Peter 5:7 as the reference.  The opening question was "Do you ever worry?"  I asked Jonah the question and he said "Oh, yes!  I worry all the time!"  That shocked me so I quickly asked what he worried about.  He said "I worry about you and daddy when aren't here!"


The nature of Dan's job takes us out of the home a lot but I never knew it worried him.  So, I pushed a little more.  I asked him if he worried something would happen to us or that we wouldn't come home.  He said no to both of those.  Then he said "Well, I guess you wouldn't call it worry...more like miss.  I just miss you when you are gone."  It was so sweet.


Then he said "But I do worry that you go too fast when you put me to bed on Wednesday.  I worry that you need to slow down and read more stories.  That's what I'm worried about!"



5 comments:

Calley said...

haha! That's sooo sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! I also have a 5 year old little boy. What devotions are you using and have you used?

The Glenn Gang said...

Check this post out for my favorite devotion for moms and also the Beth Moore personal studies I do.

http://theglenngang.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-morning.html

Penny said...

LOL That boy cracks me up! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestions about devotions, what devotions do you use with Jonah?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails