Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday afternoon Science Fun



A couple of weeks ago, Dan had meetings at the church all day on Saturday.  So, at the last minute, I had to come up with some fun things to do with the boys.  Micah was easy to entertain.  I gave him green beans, carrots and bananas and he was good for a while.  I then grabbed a bar of Ivory soap, the Learning Tower and my favorite five year old.  


After Micah's food was gone, he moved to the Exersaucer for a little more fun.  He would have preferred roaming but Jonah needed my full attention so I squeezed out one more use of this wonderful thing.  Jonah loved his Exersaucer and so did Micah.  But, I'm afraid he is at the end of the days of us using it.  It was a good run though.  Sigh.
I read about this little project online and bought the bar of soap so we could try it.  Who knew Microwaving Ivory soap would cause it to expand?  












He couldn't see into the microwave so I moved him to the island and stood him so he could see in.  As you will see, he really enjoyed this view.  




And, Micah...well, he just wanted OUT!  He wanted to see what all the fuss was about!


After it expanded, he broke a piece off and used it to wash his hands.  I think Micah thought it was a big pile of mashed potatoes because he kept reaching for it and licking his lips.  HA!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails