Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Another LAST & Reese's Birthday Party

I have been much more intentional with Micah to recognize the "lasts" as they happen.  I've tried to soak up the experiences that come my way because I know they are fleeting.  Granted, there is no way to know when every last is happening, but this one was pretty easy.  I knew that when I took Micah out of his rear facing car seat later that night, Dan would be turning the seat around.  So, I snapped a couple of pictures.  




I had longed for this day since he moved from the carrier to this seat.  Getting him in and out was not fun.  He was bored staring at the seat.  Car rides were never entertaining.  Even with all of this, I was a little emotional about the big turn around.  It meant my baby was transitioning to a toddler.  It meant he was big enough (according to the law) to face forward.  


Oh, and just so you know, now that he has been turned around for the last few weeks.  Time in the car is joyous!  He loves it.  He smiles, giggles and talks.  He rarely fusses.  He takes everything in.  He doesn't whine when I buckle him in the seat.  He's a happy guy!


His last place to go before being turned around was to Reese's 3rd birthday party.  She had the cutest little themed birthday party complete with a petting zoo.  Due to the firm grip he has placed on Max, I felt it best to leave him OUTSIDE the gates of the zoo while the other kids went inside.  I didn't want any animals to meet their demise in the midst of a birthday party.  






























Jonah was nice enough to come to the fence a couple of times to let Micah see the animal he was holding.  









































No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails