Sunday, October 2, 2011

2011 MS/LA Trip- Day 7

On Wednesday of our trip, we had plans to get up very early to meet some friends but I got a text early to say they were sick.  So, we took our time getting dressed.  That was after we made a quick call to my mom to see if she wanted to go to the MS Museum of Natural Science.  We saw the museum the week before when we went to the Children's Museum.  While I was sad that our friends were sick, I was happy to take the boys to this museum.  

Since Mississippi kids were back in school, this museum was practically empty.  We were one of a very few people there.  Because of that, Micah was able to get down and crawl as much as he wanted.  He had free reign of the place.  And, he took full advantage of it.

Jonah saw the Kermit the Frog puppet and he turned to me to show me how to work a puppet.

There was a little area for kids that included toys, a slide, books, blocks and puppets.  The boys had tons of fun there.  We could have spent hours in there but finally convinced them to leave and move on to the next area.

If you ask Jonah what his favorite part of the museum is, he will tell you "the lady in the tank!"  We happened to be there as the lady was underwater cleaning the glass.  He thought that was the coolest thing ever!

We got home from the museum and quickly got ready to see our friends, Malinda and Sara Madalin.  We love, love, love them and could hardly wait for them to arrive.  The kids have spent so much time together over the last few years.  Even though we live 12 hours apart, they love each other and ask about the other one often.  So, I was so happy to see them together again.  

We were scheduled to fly home the next day so after Malinda and Sara Madalin left, I loaded the boys up and headed to my grandmother's house to say goodbye to her and my mom.  By the time I got there, I felt terrible.  I wondered if I was just really tired or if I was getting sick.  I spent the entire time on the couch feeling just awful.  They played with the boys and I laid there praying that I would have the energy to take two boys on an airplane.  

We said our goodbyes to them all the while apologizing that I felt so bad and had to leave earlier than I planned.  I drove the 10 minutes back to Dan's mom's house and could barely hold my head up.  When she walked out, I asked her to take care of getting the boys inside because I was sick.  I made it to the couch, then the bed and then the bathroom.  The throwing up began.  I could not believe how sick I was.  It was way less about having a stomach virus and more about the possibility of not getting home the next day.  

I sent a text to Dan to tell him I thought I had a virus.  I sent Sue the same text.  She responded immediately by saying she did too.  At that point, I realized that it was a real virus and the chances of me getting home were slim to none.  I'm not gonna lie, I teared up when I thought about that possibility.  I had been gone for over a week.  Dan's mom took total care of the boys as I threw up all night long. 

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails