Sunday, August 21, 2011

More 5th Birthday

Amanda and Eli left early in the morning on the day before Jonah's birthday.  He was so sad about them leaving and cried LOTS because of it.  When I got home from the airport that morning, I let him open a few gifts so we could spend the day playing with them.

Think he liked this one?

I got Micah's lunch ready to feed him and Jonah asked if he could feed him for me.  I had never let him do a full bowl but I'm all about new experiences so we gave it a try.  He did really good.  Micah opened wide for him and ate like a champ.


That night, when Dan got him, he told Jonah it was time to do a little clean out in his room.  Since he had new birthday toys, there needed to be some reduction of what was in his toy box and closet.  They made three piles.  REALLY, REALLY want to keep, save for Micah and get rid of.  As you can imagine, the REALLY, REALLY want to keep pile was the largest.
REALLY, REALLY want to keep

Save for Micah pile
Get rid of pile- and by get rid of, he meant just put away for a few weeks then give it back!


It took a while but they finally got the toys cleaned out and made room for his new things.  We also found a way to get rid of all of the things that would choke Micah.  (For some reason, he gave Micah all of the really little things!?!)

Later that night, we sat down to read "The Kissing Hand."  It is the book Amanda gave him for his birthday.  It is so stinkin' sweet.  I cried.  I've got to be able to get through that book before he starts school in two weeks!!!

Later that night, before Jonah went to bed, we let him open the rest of his presents.  He had so much fun.  He loved everything he got.  He just giggled and squealed as he opened each thing.  It was so much fun to watch. 



Micah wanted so badly to get into all of the things his brother got.  I figured Jonah would be very territorial and greedy but he let Micah touch and even play with most everything. 




One of his favorite things were all the cards that came in the mail.  I saved them for him to open all at once and he flipped.  He loved seeing all the cards and hearing who they were from.  At the point he got all the cards from Vidalia, he didn't know (and neither did I) that we would be going there the next week. 
He held up a #5 to show these were all cards for his 5th birthday.  But, before he went to bed for the last time as a 4 year old, he held up a #4 for one last picture as a 4 year old little boy.  (sniff, sniff)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So sad he was sad all day, but I'm happy that he seemed to cheer up before going to bed. Eli is still talking about going to Jonah's house. I think he really misses his friend...I hate Florida because you're too far away...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails